So this was in the news early this week, and this is a response I just came across that I really enjoyed:
Things I want in my Easter Basket:
- Chips Ahoy
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate chip ice cream (not even mint chocolate chip, which is my fav–just chocolate chip)
- Chocolate cake
- Hot chocolate (already made, ready for the drinking)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (let it soften by leaving outside of fridge for a while, do not microwave)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 and 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar (if you want fluffier cookies, use 2 tsp. of baking powder, which is what I used)
- 1 tsp. baking soda (make sure your baking soda is still good–test it by placing some in water and making sure it still fizzles) (is “fizzles” a real word?)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all dry ingredients together; mix all wet ingredients together (hand mix, do not use a mixer)
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients together
- Use spoon to measure out small balls, shape until you have used all dough
- Mix the coating ingredients in a ziplock bag
- Roll each ball in the cinnamon mixture
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheets, and place coated balls about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove immediately from cookie sheets
Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but Jeff got me a beautiful iPad for Christmas, and instead of buying a cover for it I thought I would make one myself. I bought a plastic cover for it, but I wanted to make something like a little bag to carry it around. So right after Christmas I looked around on Etsy and looked at samples, then wentto Joanne’s and Michael’s and bought all the stuff I needed. I even went so far as cutting the fabric and filling…and then realized that I needed to use a sewingmachine to put it all together.
I’ve been dreaming a lot lately. This wasn’t always the case (well, I might have dreamt, but I didn’t remember them). Now I remember my dreams all the time, and I couldn’t quite pin point how I felt about this. Until a couple days ago.
I’ve been catching up on some episodes of The Walking Dead that I missed, and there was an amazing scene with this song in it. Thought I’d share. My favorite parts starts after about 1:23 (it’s a long intro…)
I used to hate it. I kinda still do.
I really wanted a chocolate cookie last night.