Today, I got up early to stand in line at the DMV by 7:30 a.m. No matter how early you think is early enough for this mission, it never is. There was already a line of about 12 people in front of me. It’s ok though, I made it out by 8:30 a.m., license renewed, eye exam and photo taken. Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous about that eye exam…but they have really low standards, so I was fine (not sure how safe that makes me feel though).

Next up was the car dealership where I had to take my little car in to get an oil change (don’t worry kids, I don’t usually take it to the dealership, but I had a coupon…and it included a free car wash, which my car desperately needed). I was out of there by 9:30 a.m.
I got back home, and couldn’t believe it wasn’t even 10:00 a.m. yet. Dealt with some client issues, talked to opposing counsel and gave him a two week extension on his discovery, did final number crunching for Haiti Scholarships and sent out a check.
For lunch I ate the rest of the salad I had prepared the day before for–I hadn’t put dressing on it, so it was still good. I added an avocado to it. Avocado makes everything better. Met up with Karin for lunch, got caught up and agreed to plan the Cinco de Mayo event for the HBA.
Which brings me to…my first resolution failure.
I didn’t write this one down, but I did mention it to Jeff, so it’s as good as if it was in writing: I told myself, and Jeff, that I would stop committing myself to new events for a while. But I got an email from Diana asking me to co-chair the HBA Program Committee…and I was honestly a little giddy about getting to help people plan their events (LAME, yes), that I said yes without even thinking about it. Oops.
I’m sure Jeff isn’t surprised.
I snacked on milk and cherries–no cookies.
Took a bunch of stuff to storage that was crowding our room, and then I went to a local credit union to open up my business banking and IOLTA account. I think I’ve been putting this off for a while because it really makes things official…I now have checks and a card that say “Law Office of [insert my full name here–it makes for a very long firm name]” Crazy. But, it’s done. So it must be really happening.
Jeff and I got home at about the same time, so I sent a couple emails real quick, and then we headed out for our walk/run. We jogged about a quarter of our mile, and walked the rest of it. We figure we’ll slowly work this up to where we’re running 3 miles. Jeff has been keeping track of our last 3 walks on an app he got for his iPhone, and it was pretty cool to see that we completed each of our walks about one minute faster each time. Not bad!
We had home-made chili for dinner last night. Maybe not the healthiest thing, but holy cow can Jeff’s mom make delicious chili!
I was comatose after eating seconds, so the rest of my evening was spent on the couch…